Dave Isbitski, evangelist at Microsoft, walks you through the core technologies behind Windows 8 game app development. Learn all about game loops, animations, sound, music, handling touch, as well as incorporating new hardware sensors like the Accelerometer.
For more information about Windows 8 game app development from Microsoft, visit http://www.microsoft.com/click/services/Redirect2.ashx?CR_CC=200148238
Follow the Microsoft User Community
A special one day workshop was conducted by Geetika Agrawal for Lab 3 and Lab 4 on Tuesday 17 November 2013. She introduced them to new technologies and made them work on an app prototype. That was a great opportunity for students to play with tomorrow's world.
Geetika Agrawal is a Creative Director at New York agency R/GA, with 10+ years experience designing interactive products, services and communications for global brands such as MasterCard, MTV, Disney, Samsung, Nokia, Microsoft, AARP, Barnes & Noble and Walmart. Her team's work has been featured at TEDIndia, Fast Company, CES and won several awards – most recent being the 2013 Cannes Silver Mobile Lion for MasterCard Miyamo app.
She is currently an Adjunct Professor at School of Visual Arts in New York teaching Interaction Design to 3rd and 4th year students. She has guest lectured at institutions like IxDA, Girls Who Code and advises young designers on a regular basis. She has volunteered her expertise for non-profits like Question Box, Miracle Project and co-produced live, interactive music events such as 'Sounds of Vienna' and 'Terrabyte' in Los Angeles.
iCoin is a Canadian dollar money counter made for waiters, store owners, visitors to Canada, children and youth, and anyone else who needs to quickly determine the value of their pocket change and have fun while doing so!
– simple and intuitive to use
– great graphics and sound effects
– choose between realistic coin photos or coins with $ labels if unfamiliar with Canadian currency
– add/subtract any number of coins at once by using a spinning wheel or by touching a coin icon
– clear your balance anytime by shaking the iPhone
– your balance is automatically saved when you quit the application, start and stop anytime
– auto expanding scroll wheels make adding large number of coins a breeze
– Full version $1.99, Lite version: FREE
– add both COINS and BILLS in the Full version, coins only in the Lite version
– Full version imposes no limits on how many bills/coins can be added, Lite version: limit of 9 coins per denomination
I made a Guitar Tuner using web technologies. This is a quick demo of using it to tune an acoustic 6-string. Check out the blog post at https://aerotwist.com/blog/guitar-tuner/ and the source code at https://github.com/GoogleChrome/guitar-tuner
Introducing the cell frequencies App for normal human peripheral blood by STEMCELL Technologies.
With quick access to Cell Types, Frequencies and percentages of cells in normal human peripheral blood, description of cells including surface antigens and cell sizes, information on cell isolation kits, free wall charts and great protocol videos.
A useful tool both in the lab and on the go.
Download the App here:
Visit our website for more information